Below is a list of updated resources on each of the regimes. For a list of countries and their initiative memberships, click here.
|Executive Summary · Report Overview · Resources · Country List|
Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism
Missile Technology Control Regime
Proliferation Security Initiative
Nuclear Suppliers Group
GLOBAL INITIATIVE TO COMBAT NUCLEAR TERRORISM (GICNT)
- Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (official website)
- Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism Past Events
- Tytti Erasto and Jonathan Herbach, “Ten Year of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism: Strengths, Challenges and the Way Forward,” SaferGlobe and the Centre for Conflict and Security Law, June 2016.
- “Action Plan in Support of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism,” Nuclear Security Summit 2016, April 2106.
MISSILE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL REGIME (MTCR)
- Missile Technology Control Regime (official website)
- “Missile Technology Control Regime at a Glance,” Arms Control Association Factsheet, August 2016.
- Waheguru Pal Singh Sidhu, “Looking Back: The Missile Technology Control Regime,” Arms Control Today, April 2007.
- Aaron Karp, “Stemming the Spread of Missiles: Hits, Misses, and Hard Cases,” Arms Control Today, April 2013.
PROLIFERATION SECURITY INITIATIVE (PSI)
- Proliferation Security Initiative (official website)
- “The Proliferation Security Initiative at a Glance,” Arms Control Association Factsheet, October 2016.
- Susan J. Koch, “Proliferation Security Initiative: Origins and Evolution,” Center for the Study of Weapons of Mass Destruction Occasional Paper, No. 9, National Defense University, June 2012.
- Aaron Dunne, “The Proliferation Security Initiative: Legal Considerations and Operational Realities,” SIPRI Policy Paper no. 36, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, May 2013.
NUCLEAR SUPPLIERS GROUP
- Nuclear Suppliers Group (official website)
- “The Nuclear Suppliers Group at a Glance,” Arms Control Association Factsheet, October 2012.
- Mark Hibbs, “Toward a Nuclear Suppliers Group Policy for States Not Party to the NPT,” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, February 2016.
- Mark Hibbs, “The Future of the Nuclear Suppliers Group,” Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2011.
G7 GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP AGAINST THE SPREAD OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
- “G8 Global Partnership Expansion and Extension,” Canadian Centre for Treaty Compliance, Carleton University, March 2010.
- “Global Partnership Against the Spread of Weapons of Mass Destruction: President’s Report for 2013,” United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office, December 2013.
- The Global Partnership is one of the five successor organizations for the Nuclear Security Summits. To view its action plan see:
- “Action Plan in Support of the Global Partnership Against the Spread of Weapons and Materials of Mass Destruction,” Nuclear Security Summit 2016, April 2106.